Employment Application Form
Thanks for your interest in joining the team!
To apply for any advertised position, please complete the Employment Application Form.
You can choose to download the form, print it and return to us, or fill in the online version.
Remember to also include your cover letter and CV.
Southland Farm Machinery is the agent for John Deere Farming and Lifestyle Equipment for Southland and Otago with branches in Invercargill, Gore, Mosgiel and Cromwell.
Due to an internal promotion we’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our Gore branch. This role will be responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of our existing customer base as well as the growth and development of new business.
If you are an accomplished sales manager with an attitude that lends itself to working well within a team environment, understands and exceeds clients’ needs, and have the ability to build strong positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, this could be the opportunity for you.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a front line sales management role in the agricultural industry.
- Experience with and a good knowledge of Precision Agriculture, Tractors and wider Agricultural Machinery.
- Ability to drive and extract value from a sales process.
- Ability to adapt to and learn the John Deere suite of products and services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time as well as ensuring the wider sales team have the appropriate level of support, priority and guidance.
- Understanding of what drives, motivates and creates engagement and subsequent performance within teams.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- A team player.
- Flexible and resilient.
Working in a challenging and rewarding environment you would experience:
- Extensive on the job and external training with ongoing career development.
- Great products to work with including excellent proprietary systems that support the sales process.
- Access to the renowned John Deere suite of financial products
- Great day to day satisfaction knowing you're enabling your customers with high quality / high integrity products.
- A great team environment.
- A rewarding package including a company vehicle and other relevant tools required to support your success.
If you think you'd like to work in a proactive environment with one of the world's greatest brands, then we'd like to hear from you.
To apply for this position in strict confidence, follow the link to complete our Employment Application Form, and include a cover letter and resume.
Send to Stacey Hitchens, Operations Manager - Southland: firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 5056, Waikiwi.
Applications close 5pm Friday 21st June 2019
Field Service/ Workshop Technician
If a Southland winter in a brand new building, complete with underfloor heating in the workshop sounds like a career goal for you – then now is the time to join the Invercargill Service Team!
As we approach the opening of our brand new build, we have a position available for a fulltime Field Service/ Workshop Technician, in our busy Invercargill branch.
Southland Farm Machinery are the agent for John Deere Farming and Lifestyle Equipment for Southland and Otago, with outlets in Invercargill, Gore, Mosgiel and Cromwell.
The following attributes would equip you well for this position:
- Trade-qualified with relevant experience.
- Computer literate and experience with mechanical software systems an advantage.
- Willing to work on a wide range of equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage your own time.
- Good team-player with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to work overtime during peak periods.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with customers.
Working in a challenging and rewarding environment, you will receive:
- On-the-job and external training with ongoing career development.
- Great products to work with, including excellent systems for product knowledge.
- Great day-to-day satisfaction knowing you are supporting your customers.
- The chance to be part of a great team environment.
Southland Farm Machinery Ltd is a proud family-owned Southland business with a strong track record of providing quality machinery solutions to the farming community. The business values its team environment and in providing its customers with respect, integrity and most importantly, solutions to meet their on farm needs.
If you think you'd like to work in a proactive environment and with one of the world's greatest brands, John Deere, then we'd like to hear from you.
To apply for this position in strict confidence, fill in the Employment Application Form (above), and include a cover letter and resume.
Send to Stacey Hitchens, Operations Manager - Southland: email@example.com or PO Box 5056, Waikiwi.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 26 June 2019
243 Dee Street
Phone: 03 215 9132
A/H: Alister: 027 686 8454
A/H: Pete S: 027 434 5209
A/H: Pete L: 027 433 1492
A/H: Brent: 021 723 360
12 Charlton Lane|
Phone: 03 208 8203
A/H: Michael: 027 433 4123
A/H: Anthony: 027 209 7343
13 McGlashan Street|
Phone: 03 489 0472
A/H: Scott: 027 588 3488
A/H: Barry: 027 486 6433
A/H: Mark: 027 435 8306
12 Elspeth Street|
Phone: 03 445 1046
A/H: Murray: 027 807 4032
A/H: Bruce H: 027 241 0110
A/H: Bruce C: 027 434 0431